Fridays are normally a more low-key of the week, as the weekend training schedule is usually pretty demanding.
- RUN – Heading outside tomorrow morning EARLY. Looking to be out the door at 4am. Going to shoot for a 10 miler this morning, and I should be at my gym at 6am to change out of my sweaty clothes and into stuff to ride in. 4am in Manhattan is pretty interesting….
- BIKE – 6:15am Spin Class. The goal here is to clip off at least 17 miles in the 45 minute class. This can be done by holding a pace somewhere between 21-22mph.
- CROSS TRAINING – At 5:30pm, I’m heading to a cardio Sculpt class. THIS should be funny, because I don’t play well with others. And….well…..yesterday may carry over a bit and I’ll WOOOOOOOOO for no reason whatsoever.
This morning’s workout is all about endurance. I need to develop this routine so that knocking out double-digit mileage does not tax my system to the point where I am fried for the rest of the day. This week I am treating myself like a lab rat, trying to find out how I react to levels of physical stress.
- RUN –OK, so I called an audible while under the awning of my apartment building this morning. At 5am I decided to hit the gym and mix up some stretching, ab work and sprint intervals instead of slogging through an extremely rainy early morning. I completed 30 minutes of interval training on the DREADMILL, with 2 minutes sprinting and one minute of recovery. Began at a 10min pace and actually pushed VERY hard at the end, getting the pace to be sub 7 minutes for the last minute. I felt awesome at the end.
- BIKE – After the interval training, I changed into some fresh workout gear and hopped on the bike. The class worked on sprints here as well, getting rpms up over 95+ at times, with decent resistance. So by the end, I logged over 17 miles in 45 minutes…the morning overall made me feel exhausted but accomplished.
- CROSS TRAINING – So I took an hour’s worth of cross training classes this evening. First was a Cardio Sculpt class – which was 45 minutes that left me wading in a pool of sweat, following by an Ab Lab class – only 15 minutes long…but I felt cranky by the end of it. Ab exercises are not my forte….
Totals to Date:
Swim – ___ yds
Bike – 38 miles
Run – 9 miles
Strength Training – 1 hour
Cross Training (Classes) – 2 hours
Yoga (yes- yoga. That’s not a damn typo) – ___ hours