Saturdays are tough workout days. It’s usually long run day, so I have tried to pack on the workload that will build overall endurance and also round out demands on each core muscle group. By the end of this long day, I should need a damn nap.
- RUN – I start the day with a long, relaxed run. Out the door at 6am, and arrive at the gym just before 8am.
- BIKE – Stage 2 of the morning is a 45 minute spin class. This class on Saturday mornings is usually a lot of fun. Great music.
- STRENGTH – After biking, I’ll take some time and work on core strength. Gotta release the inner Thor.
Today is basically me getting into a core form of training routine. Most days, running, biking and strength training will be a part of morning – so I need to build a base.
- RUN – that was fun. very relaxed 8 miler got me down Broadway to union square and back. the blah weather sucks, but jamming with a homeless dude to Stevie Wonder made up for it.
- BIKE – spin class. 45 minutes – 17.4 miles crushed. Felt good afterward.
- STRENGTH – The Woo Dude was not around, so this workout was uneventful. I just realized who the Woo Dude from the other day looked like…..he was the spitting image of Andrew Dice Clay’s character from that movie Casual Sex. The Vin Man.
Swim – 0 yds
Bike – 55 miles
Run – 17 miles
Strength Training – 1 hour
Cross Training (Classes) – 1 hour
Yoga (yes- yoga. That’s not a damn typo) – 0