Wise words from Lombardi. I’ve long felt that my character was in dire need of improvement. I’m sure I know some people that would whole-heartedly agree with that statement. So I’ve taken Mr. Lombardi’s words and I’ve begun to act on them.
- I’ve begun to think differently. I’ve altered my way of thinking by altering the various inputs that influenced them. I’ve deleted most social media apps from my I-Precious. By decreasing the time and energy that social media apps used to consume from me daily, it provided me with additional bandwidth to focus on things that really mattered. I’ve also begun to think more positively – and this allows me to appreciate the here and now more so than ever.
- By beginning to change the way I think, my beliefs have changed a bit. My beliefs about what is and is not important in life to make me happy have definitely changed.
- My words have definitely changed. Now I say what I think. Period. I don’t worry as much about ensuring that whatever I say is exactly what the listener wants to hear. I don’t mince words. I state facts. It’s a liberating feeling. I wish I learned that one years ago.
- My actions have changed. I now focus on what I need to get done in order to slowly get myself from where I am to where I want to be. I’m up EARLY now – 3am. I have my morning checklist and I stick to it. I work out. I make my meals for the day. I leave at the same time each morning. I’m focused at work. I go to sleep incredibly early now. I’ve stuck to this now for almost two months.
- New habits are now clearing forming. And they make me feel better about myself.
- While my character still isn’t where I’d like it to be…it’s on its way.