- If you’re unsure of your purpose – spend some time in quiet reflection. Think about what fires you up – what you want to be remembered for when your days are done.
- Your purpose won’t come to you in five minutes. Invest the time in yourself. Trust me: what you come up with will be much more exciting than the latest episode of Keeping Up With The Schmucky Kardasians.
- Be patient. Work on it. Cultivate it. Blue sky it, and don’t use any negative wording when you start putting pen to paper.
- Your purpose is the rudder. Your direction is the sail.
- Once you’ve figured out your purpose and direction, the effort you will need to dial up will be easier to exude.
- Have the damn courage to begin pursuing your purpose, and store up enough to help you get through the rough points along the way.
I’m stressing this because there is no guarantee how much time each of this has to accomplish the things that we dream about. Figure out your purpose. Then find the drive to go from thought to action – and do so with boundless enthusiasm, as each of us have an expiration date, and none of us want to be remembered as a person that had a dream but never tried to attain it…..or worse, our names drift into the ether.
“Fear not death for the hour of your doom is set and none may escape it.”
~The Volunga Saga, c.5