Trust me – it becomes easier when you practice. I’ve now built some solid habits:
– I’m waking up at 4:15am every morning and NOT hitting the snooze button.
– I’m getting 30-35 minutes of strength work in each morning. I’m getting that in first, while my body isn’t awake enough to realize what I’m doing to it.
– I’m scoring 60 minutes on the Peloton each morning, wrapping up by 6am. 60 minutes at an average of 20mph more or less burns 700-900 calories.
– The endorphins I’m enjoying each morning after this workout are fantastic. I’m in a positive mood, and I’m psyched to get more stuff accomplished.
– Each day at 7am, I am taking 60 minutes to learn something new. This month, I’ve been focusing on listening to past panel discussions held by financial industry organizations to so that I hear multiple perspectives on things that affect my occupation. It’s making me a more rounded compliance professional. October will be all about creativity. November will be dedicated to learning a language – this month will be knocking the rust off of my Italian. December will be focused on studying for a level 1 Somm exam. Who knows what 2021 will bring.
– At exactly 4:30pm, I sign off from work and I immediately get my run in. This way I have enough time in the evening to eat dinner, wind down a bit, decompress, and hit the sack by 9pm.
It wasn’t easy in the beginning. It’s not easy now. But it’s not impossible.